Sunday we took my dad out to dinner at Nostrana. Nostrana is the kind of restaurant that makes you feel like you are in another country. It is Italian, but not the heavy Spaghetti and Lasagna kind of Italian.
I could imagine we were like a big family in the old country sitting down to a Sunday meal. Titus and Danielle at one end talking (Danielle) and squawking (Titus) about the food. The older ones at the other end discussing the wine. And all this punctuated by toasts in honor of our wonderful Father, Husband, Father-In-Law, and "Papa"! We toasted to his weakness and the way he surrounds himself with HELP. To his unconditional love and enjoyment of us - even as we prominently display our "Sinnerhood". To his faithfulness to preach God's Word and his love of the church.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!
We had the biggest table there!
Titus - Making sure we know that he is ready to eat! Pass the Bread!
Auntie "Nomi" and "Buki" eating that supper yummy Italian bread.
The Birthday Dad
Sarah and Sam. Also known as Sam and his Sidekick
The wood pile in the back is used to keep the huge Pizza Oven warm.
Titus - Being patient, a rare thing :) He's so cute, nobody complained about the noise!
25 Days till the wedding!!!
2 comments:
Sorry to have missed it. It looks like you all had a great time and I've been to the restaurant so I know how good it is. Yes,we are blessed to have a dad that is so into the gospel. See you soon.
Happy Birthday Kirk!
That must be the "really good Italian restaurant" your parents have been telling us about for a while now. (The one we promised to take them out to I won't say how long ago.)
But Sarah, I have to say...
YOU ARE A JIVER!!!!
Yes, you!
Starting a blog over a year ago and not telling any of us?!?
As it was I had to be the pioneer blogger up here and lo and behold, now everyone has blogs! It's great fun keeping up with everyone who I don't see very often - I'm so glad I found yours!
Post a Comment